- Alameda Oakland Homelearners [AOHL] – Members foster friendships, organize activities, and share resources. Meet us in Alameda at Lincoln Park the 1st Thursday of the month. Ask for a Greeter. Call Contact information: Email Kristin Sherman Olnes or call (510) 851-5301.
- Bay Area Homeschool Field Trips [BAHFT] – An e-mail group for homeschoolers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Get information on field trips, classes, and events of interest to homeschoolers. Any member may organize trips, and post events sponsored by other groups.
- Bay Hills Home Educators Support Group – Provides support and encouragement to those who choose to home educate their children under God’s guidance and direction. Each family is expected to serve in one area each year to provide a wide variety of activities for the group. Although our group is conducted by Christian standards all families are welcome. Contact information: Email Linda Luebker or call (510) 733-3118.
- Cornerstone Homeschool Connection – Not an ISP. This group is a ministry of Cornerstone Fellowship Church in Livermore and has been formed to support homeschooling families in the community with Christ-centered educational and social activities. Access our group by registering with the church; then you will be sent information. We are open to all counties. Serving mostly the Tri-Valley areas.
- Families for Him – Serving Fremont, Milpitas and surrounding areas. We are open to any members! Most of us are Christian, but not all. We welcome anyone and everyone! We have great Mom’s night outs, fun, monthly park days, field trips and lots of encouragement and support. We also have a monthly Girls Club! Free to join!
- Homegrown Kids – A friendly and inclusive group of homeschooling families who meet weekly for parkdays, quarterly for potlucks, and organize field trips, classes, and other events according to individual interests and schedules. Contact information: Email Homegrown Kids or call (510) 601-5401.
- Homeschool Pal’s Parent Co-op – A support playgroup created for homeschooling families who are located in the East Bay. Join us for playdates, fun & creative learning and social activities based primarily in the Hayward/San Leandro/Fremont area. We’re an all inclusive group with children between the ages of 4-8 years old. Contact information: Email Homeschool Pal’s Parent Co-op.
- LINKS – LINKS (Love, Inspire, Nuture, Know, Support) is a ministry of Bridges Community Church in Fremont and is a Christian homeschool support group. We offer field trips, annual yearbooks, school photos, mom’s night out support, and some pretty amazing holiday and end-of-year parties! Contact information: Email Amy Genthner-Wright.
- Little Scholars of Alameda County – We are a homeschool group geared for younger children (ages 3-7 and siblings). We meet for field trips, park days, social activities and other member initiated events. Contact information: Email Desiree Springer.
- Nature Explorers of the East Bay [NEEB] – Hiking and nature explorations with other homeschoolers in and around the East Bay in the San Francisco Bay area on first and third Tuesdays of the month. There is also a listing on the Google Calendars for NEEB Contact information: Email Kristine Konrad.
- Saint Joseph, Guardian of the Redeemer Chapter – TORCH of the East Bay, Catholic perspective. Contact information: Email Joni Durling or call (925) 757-6896.
- San Francisco Bay Unschooling Network [SFBUN] – SFBUN’s mission is to create and support an unschooling community in the San Francisco Bay Area. All ages are welcome. SFBUN meets for a variety of indoor and outdoor events, video gaming, and other fun outings. Contact information: Email Pam T. or call (510) 527-1119.
- Thank God For Homeschooling [TGFH] – Member-led Christian group serves families from Livermore to San Ramon. Contact information: Email Tina Razzell or call (925) 846-6112.
- The Northern CA African-American Homeschoolers’ Association [NCAAHA] – NCAAHA is a free, homeschooling support group for families of African descent, offering parent-led classes, field trips, an e-mail list, and an annual black-history fair, science fair, and Kwanzaa celebration. Members live as far north as Sacramento and as far south as Los Banos. In order to strengthen cultural bonds in the AA community, NCAAHA is not a multi-racial group. Contact information:Email Z. Afiya, or Email to Join Group.
- Tri-City Homeschoolers [TCH] – A loosely-structured, all-inclusive group of homeschool families from the Fremont-Union City-Newark area, South Alameda County. We have weekly Park Days, Activities, Annual Talent Show and Summer Games. Contact information: Email Catherine Dorman, or Email Gretchen Mora.
- Tri-Valley Explorers Homeschool Support Group [TVE] – An all-inclusive homeschool support group serving the SF East Bay, primarily Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Members plan and coordinate activities, park days, classes, field trips, and co-ops, etc. Contact information: Email Tri-Valley Explorers Homeschool Support Group.
Farm Fresh to You – Bringing Fresh Organic Produce to Your Door!23808 State Highway 16
by Emerson Sandow
If you live in California, imagine having farm fresh vegetables delivered right to your home every week! In this age of canned reality via the Internet and T.V., and frozen dinners in the microwave, vegetables are one item that can be had un-canned and un-zapped!
FARM FRESH TO YOU is a dream realized by Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes and ultimately their entire family. Kathy and Martin began organically farming in 1976 at their Capay Organic in Yolo County, California.
Farming organic produce was a struggle in the early years, as the regulations for certifying crops as organic were strict, but such natural farming is a passion and belief, not merely a way to make money and the business grew through Farmers’ Markets and supplying some Bay Area gourmet restaurants with fresh, wholesome fruits and vegetables that provided a “live” flavor and potent nutrition to their patrons.
The offspring of Kathy and Martin grew up with Capay Organic and learned the family business, in addition to other endeavors. In 1992, Kathy began FARM FRESH TO YOU, a farm-to-home/office delivery program that brings fresh, organic fruits and vegetables right to customers’ doors! Kathy’s idea grew well and paid off in expanding business and satisfied customers. As a result, in the past 16 years, her sons and their wives have taken over the farm and FARM FRESH TO YOU, continuing the legacy that Kathy and Martin began 40 years ago.
All who appreciate fresh, organic fruits and vegetables are the beneficiaries of their work and you can enjoy this excellent service too! To become a customer, you simply go to the website type in your Zip Code to see if you are in the FARM FRESH TO YOU delivery range and if you are, you then choose the box size, the content mix and frequency of delivery and place your order. It could not be simpler. You are not locked in to a commitment, either. You can change the contents of your box or suspend delivery to suit a change in your schedule or vacation. If you are a regular partaker of organic produce, you know how delicious these vegetables are and the convenience of having them brought right to your door makes ordering from FARM FRESH TO YOU an easy decision for health and great taste! Please visit the website, peruse their wide selection of seasonal fruits and vegetables and get ready for a wonderful organic experience! E.S.
Excellence In Education (EIE) based in Monrovia, serves all of California as the largest homeschool book/game store & resource center in the state, offering an extensive array of products, services and guidance based on many years of experience. www.excellenceineducation.com/ Ph: (626) 821-0025.
EdAnywhere.com offers an accredited, complete middle school & high school online curriculum. Complete from Assessment to SAT Prep & graduation – including diploma. Visit http://www.educationanywhere.com/, ore-mail, email@example.com or Ph: (877) 4ED-0805.