- DragonTree Home Learners – This inclusive, diverse, non-directed support group meets weekly in El Dorado Park in Long Beach on Wednesday afternoons for play and conversation with kids of all ages from toddlers to teens. Founded as an unschooling support group, all homeschoolers are welcome. Our primary goal is to provide plenty of freedom for our children to develop their own games, make complex creations, explore new relationships, and develop close friendships. Meet for fun, discussion, support, occasional activities or field trips. Contact information: Email Karri Lewis.
- Homeschool Beacon – Connecting homeschooling events and people within our coastal cities. Check back frequently for local happenings and current opportunities. Contact information: Email for Information, or Email to Join Yahoo Group.
- Homeschooling In Central Orange County [HSCOC] – Inclusive homeschool park day with all age groups represented. Contact information: Email Cheryl Ahia.
- Homeschooling in Orange County – Offers information, resources and support for homeschoolers throughout Orange County.
- Irvinehomeschoolers – We are an inclusive group of homeschoolers – park days on Fridays (rotating between Irvine and Lake Forest), field trips, co-op classes, scouts, and much more fun! Contact information: Email Diane Crayne Gardner.
- OC Homeschool Events – This group is for events and activities that may be of interest to homeschooling families in and around Orange County. Everyone is permitted to post their findings or start a group to attend an event. There are so many great things to do here and this is a great group to get together enough people for a group discount.
- Orange County Considering Homechooling – A Christian support group with park days, monthly speakers, field trips. Contact information: Email Kathy or call (949) 916-6816.
- Rainbow Kids – Founded in 1985, this inclusive group is based in Orange County, CA. Members vary in homeschooling styles, religions, political views, family structures, and just about everything else. At present our children range in age from 1 to 17. We offer park days, theme days, field trips, support, and plenty of socializing. Contact information: Email Vicki Giansante.
- RK So Cal Teens – We are homeschooled teens and their parents who gather in and around Orange County, CA; for beach parties, dances, pizza nights, campouts, Disneyland trips, and other events. We welcome all homeschoolers regardless of race, religion, homeschool style, what you eat, or what time you get out of bed. RK SoCal Teens is an offshoot of Rainbow Kids. Contact information:Email Patty Hunt, or Email Vicki Giansante.
- South County Kids – South Orange County, CA. An inclusive homeschool support group. We embrace diversity within our membership including cultural, religious, ethnic and homeschooling technique. South County Kids meets weekly at public parks, museums and community centers. Contact information: Email Clare Collins.
- South Orange County Home Schooling Group – Inclusive group. Weekly events. Contact information: Email Debi Richtman.
- West Orange County Homeschool Group [WESTOC-HS] – An inclusive, member-directed group. Families are diverse in their methods and styles of home education. Weekly park days and field trips.
Enlightium Academy Online Christian K-12
Enlightium Academy is an online Christian private homeschool for grades K-12. If you homeschool your children, or would like to, you can consider Enlightium as your partner in private online Christian homeschooling. Enlightium is a next-generation online homeschool that sets the industry standard for quality education. Their teachers pray for and care for the academic success of each student as if they were their own.
Enrollment is open year round and there are many different customizable support packages to fit your families specific needs. They offer affordable monthly payment plans and well as many discounts.
OAK KNOLL VIRTUAL ACADEMY online & local
K-12: 100 percent online curriculum plus credentialed teachers for one-on-one instruction and parent support. Students who attend locally can also particpate in the Covina School District sports, choirs and musical instruction.
Oak Knoll Virtual Academy is free of charge and is located in Glendora, California. It accepts students from Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Kern counties.
For further information call 626-914-3961 or go to http://www.cousd.net/Domain/15. E.R.
Excellence In Education (EIE) based in Monrovia, serves all of California as the largest homeschool book/game store & resource center in the state, offering an extensive array of products, services and guidance based on many years of experience. www.excellenceineducation.com/ Ph: (626) 821-0025
The Creation & Earth History Museum is dedicated to the biblical account of science & history, showcasing a literal 6-day creation and young earth. Our unique museum is one of 15 creation museums in the U.S. and the largest on the West Coast, including a 10,000 sq. foot facility with over 15 exhibits that declare the works of our Creator. Located 20 minutes east of downtown San Diego in Santee, CA, we are open 7 days a week and private guided tours are available. Plan a future visit by calling today 619.599.1104 • 10946 Woodside Ave. N, Santee, CA 92071 www.CreationSD.org
Deeper Roots Publications – Missions, Homeschool and Christian School Resources – Call 407-797-8557
Deeper Roots publishes a large line of quality Bible-based homeschooling curriculum with Teachers’ Guides & Student Workbooks for grades 7 to 12; an Encouragement for Homeschool Moms series; young child devotional materials; and a very interesting book (free download) about some of the Crow Indians who were Christians in the late 1800s, working as scouts for Gen. Custer. They also publish devotional Bible study/journal books for long and short-term missionaries (on-field & reentry). To see their wide array of materials and resources, visit www.DeeperRoots@aol.com.