- Oak Knoll Virtual Academy
- Full-time teachers available daily from 8 am – 2:30 pm daily.
- Student access to teachers via phone, in-person visits (pending COVID-19 restrictions) and virtual classrooms Monday through Friday.
- Oak Knoll teachers are experienced and work as a team to support all students.
- Accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools & Colleges) and NCAA-approved.
- On-campus workshops, small group instruction, lab activities, hybrid models of instruction and learning days (pending COVID-19 restrictions).
Serving students in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino & Kern counties.
For more information: please visit www.okvaonline.org, call 626-914-3961 or email email@example.com
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
Signing Online – Learn a new language ASL (American Sign Language) first and then Exact English!, Become a registered Interpreter for the Deaf, Many universities recognize ASL as satisfying the foreign language requirement, Learn to sign in British, Korean, French & others, If you are searching for an interesting and challenging new endeavor, signing may be just right for you! Full curriculum online!
Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Bechtel Books’ Speedy Spanish Curriculum – Bechtel’s Speedy Spanish teaching curriculum is ideal for the family who wants to learn Spanish. From first grade to high school and adult, the program includes coloring books, instruction books for levels I and II, CD versions of the books, Answer Keys and Teacher’s Guides. Visit the website and see the bundle offers and discounts available from Speedy Spanish!
- Bakersfield Home Learners – An inclusive group with park days, theme days, field trips and co-op days. Contact information: Email for Information, or Email to Join Group.
- Home Educators’ Resource Center – Bakersfield. Offer Academic Classes, high school information, graduation ceremony, library and curriculum center, academic advising, transcripts, seminars, preschool information and much more! Contact information: Email Peggy Turner or call (661) 327-9884.
- Tehachapi Homeschool Co-Op – This all-inclusive group offers park days, co-op activities, clubs, workshops, field trips, and outings. Contact information: Email Debra Tangren, or Email to Join Group.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.
Excellence In Education (EIE) based in Monrovia, serves all of California as the largest homeschool book/game store & resource center in the state, offering an extensive array of products, services and guidance based on many years of experience. www.excellenceineducation.com/ Ph: (626) 821-0025