- Teach Your Kids Chemistry – No Kidding! – https://biochemistryliteracyforkids.com
Chemistry Lessons Now • Self-Teaching Video Lessons • Affordable, fun & engaging.
Developed by a Yale graduate chemistry professor, it is a unique visual and tactile learning environment. Perfect for homeschool use, detailed video lessons and activities allow students of any background to learn all on their own!
The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
Signing Online – Learn a new language ASL (American Sign Language) first and then Exact English!, Become a registered Interpreter for the Deaf, Many universities recognize ASL as satisfying the foreign language requirement, Learn to sign in British, Korean, French & others, If you are searching for an interesting and challenging new endeavor, signing may be just right for you! Full curriculum online!
- Oak Knoll Virtual Academy
- Full-time teachers available daily from 8 am – 2:30 pm daily.
- Student access to teachers via phone, in-person visits (pending COVID-19 restrictions) and virtual classrooms Monday through Friday.
- Oak Knoll teachers are experienced and work as a team to support all students.
- Accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools & Colleges) and NCAA-approved.
- On-campus workshops, small group instruction, lab activities, hybrid models of instruction and learning days (pending COVID-19 restrictions).
Serving students in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino & Kern counties.
For more information: please visit www.okvaonline.org, call 626-914-3961 or email email@example.com
- Write From the Heart Online English Composition and Literature – Middle school/high school students — Online English Composition classes with a workshop approach. Your child’s paper is reviewed:
- At the outline stage by a writing coach
- After each revision by two separate peers in the class.
- In an instructional “conference” with a writing coach.
- After the final draft by a writing coach using a grading rubric.
Thoughtful writing is an essential skill for all people. The workshop allows students to work together and learn from each other with guidance from the writing coach. Visit the website and give your child the opportunities Ms. Rice offers!
- FREE Parent Materials from Magic Penny Reading! Pre-K through Grade 2 – As you are starting to pick up home schooling with your children, we want to provide some free materials to help you along the way and show you that Magic Penny Reading is the ideal program for your family! We have free Apps for homeschooling parents at http://www.magicpennyreading.org/home-schooling Visit us and let us help you and your child to early literacy and learning fun! Thank you. Dr. Dan & Sandy Schneider.
- Mathnasium@Home Online – Now, we offer the Mathnasium Method™ online in real time. This is an excellent resource for giving your child the math instruction we are famous for, in the safety of your home! E-m: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us today at https://www.mathnasium.com/sealbeach and see the value for yourself.
- Robinson Self-Teaching Curriculum – Achieve Superb Educational Results with these 22 CDs, covering Phonics to Physics! Remove teaching guesswork – let Robinson’s Curriculum do it for you.
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: email@example.com for more information
- East San Gabriel Valley Homeschoolers [EastSGVHS] – This support group meets in San Dimas, LA County, on Fridays from 10-12 or whenever people leave. Contact information: Email for Information.
- Family Centered Education of Los Angeles [FaCE-LA] – We are an inclusive, loosely organized support group. FaCE-LA meets for park days on the first and third Thursday of every month in Glendale. Our activities include: book clubs, science and nature classes, a movie-making group, field trips, physical education, Moms’ night out, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, craft fairs, curriculum fairs, potlucks and much more. Located at: PO Box 264, Tujunga, CA 91043. Contact information: Email Colleen Paeff or call (323) 664-9408.
- Free You Free Me – We meet weekly in a Beverlywood area park and have field trips throughout LA. Our members are mainly from Beverly Hills, Century City, Rancho Park, Culver City, Brentwood, Hollywood, Cheviot Hills, West Los Angeles, Santa Monica and the San Fernando Valley. We are here to connect with each other in celebrating our children and our families in our ultimate pursuit of happiness-the freedom to be. We are here to love, support, inspire, empower and honor each other as parents who enable our children to enjoy the freedom to follow their hearts and dreams. We are here to band together for a sense of loving community and provide opportunities for bigger group-play fun. Contact information: Email Linjia Jablon.
- Homeschooling In Santa Clarita Valley – Homeschooling In Santa Clarita Valley offers field trips, parkdays, workshops, bowling, chess club, arts & crafts, themed events, camping trips, various group classes and more! Contact information:Email for Information.
- San Gabriel Valley Homeschool Christian Connection – Networking Group for Christian Homeschoolers in and around the San Gabriel Valley. Contact information: Email Jane Chesshir.
- Santa Monica West Los Angeles Whole Life Learners – We are progressive/liberal minded, unschoolers/ whole life learners or alternative oriented independent homeschoolers who are interested in following our child’s interests. Our common thread is respect for our children and their interests and having FUN! We meet for park days weekly.
- SDP Home Scholars of Southern California – SDP Home Scholars of Southern California is a secular, diverse, and progressive group created to provide socialization, support & resources. Contact information: Email Sage.
- Secular Home Educators Parkdays – Support group for secular non-sectarian homeschoolers.
- South Bay Home School Network – Our goal is to create an environment where homeschoolers can meet, exchange ideas, and build relationships. We offer many different ways to connect with other homeschoolers. You may attend park days listed on our calendar, join our email loops and/or attend classes, field trips and activities offered on our newsletter. Contact information: Email Tamah Kushner.
- Youth Leadership Project – Offering classes and activities in the San Fernando Valley for homeschooling students/teens taught by mentors using Thomas Jefferson Education Principles. Contact information: Email Shawn Crane or call (818) 716-7220.
In-Home Tutoring Elementary And Middle School
Harriet Cooper is a Special Education teacher with 20 years’ experience. She is a reading specialist; instructing students with challenges in decoding and comprehension using Lindamood Bell’s Seeing Stars, as well as spelling and syllable rules.
She has expertise doing homework support and helping students with study skills/organization. She works well with elementary and middle school children. Call 818-694-7431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Park Independent School, Oak Park USD
Who are our Independent Study Students?
Those who need an individualized alternative to large campuses
• Gifted & Talented
• Actors/Fine Arts
• Traveling Students
• Academically Advanced
• Students with health-related issues
BRANSON ACADEMY PSP Private School Satellite Program
What is a “Homeschool Satellite Program?”
Back in the day, it was called an “Umbrella Program” or Independent Study Program. But because they didn’t actually provide any books, or curriculum, it was sometimes confused with the public school independent study programs. State homeschool groups started calling the service we offer a PSP (Private School Satellite Program)… which sounds a little like an Internet provider, right? So, now we just call ourselves a Homeschool Satellite Program.
When you enroll in a PSP (or HSP) you are “under the umbrella” of the private school.
Why is that important? Well, it protects you from harassment — from anti-homeschool neighbors, or family, or school district employees, or anyone who is aghast that you are “What? Teaching your OWN kids!”
AND, you still get to home school your way. Cool, huh? AND, we take care of all your records — attendance, grades, transcripts, diplomas. Important stuff that schools usually handle. Visit Branson Academy www.bransonacademy.com today and see all they have to offer.
Farm Fresh to You – Bringing Fresh Organic Produce to Your Door!
by Emerson Sandow
If you live in California, imagine having farm fresh vegetables delivered right to your home every week! In this age of canned reality via the Internet and T.V., and frozen dinners in the microwave, vegetables are one item that can be had un-canned and un-zapped!
FARM FRESH TO YOU is a dream realized by Kathleen Barsotti and Martin Barnes and ultimately their entire family. Kathy and Martin began organically farming in 1976 at their Capay Organic in Yolo County, California.
Farming organic produce was a struggle in the early years, as the regulations for certifying crops as organic were strict, but such natural farming is a passion and belief, not merely a way to make money and the business grew through Farmers’ Markets and supplying some Bay Area gourmet restaurants with fresh, wholesome fruits and vegetables that provided a “live” flavor and potent nutrition to their patrons.
The offspring of Kathy and Martin grew up with Capay Organic and learned the family business, in addition to other endeavors. In 1992, Kathy began FARM FRESH TO YOU, a farm-to-home/office delivery program that brings fresh, organic fruits and vegetables right to customers’ doors! Kathy’s idea grew well and paid off in expanding business and satisfied customers. As a result, in the past 16 years, her sons and their wives have taken over the farm and FARM FRESH TO YOU, continuing the legacy that Kathy and Martin began 40 years ago.
All who appreciate fresh, organic fruits and vegetables are the beneficiaries of their work and you can enjoy this excellent service too! To become a customer, you simply go to the website type in your Zip Code to see if you are in the FARM FRESH TO YOU delivery range and if you are, you then choose the box size, the content mix and frequency of delivery and place your order. It could not be simpler. You are not locked in to a commitment, either. You can change the contents of your box or suspend delivery to suit a change in your schedule or vacation. If you are a regular partaker of organic produce, you know how delicious these vegetables are and the convenience of having them brought right to your door makes ordering from FARM FRESH TO YOU an easy decision for health and great taste! Please visit the website, peruse their wide selection of seasonal fruits and vegetables and get ready for a wonderful organic experience! E.S.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.
Excellence In Education (EIE) based in Monrovia, serves all of California as the largest homeschool book/game store & resource center in the state, offering an extensive array of products, services and guidance based on many years of experience. www.excellenceineducation.com/ Ph: (626) 821-0025
Deeper Roots Publications – Missions, Homeschool and Christian School Resources – Call 407-797-8557
Deeper Roots publishes a large line of quality Bible-based homeschooling curriculum with Teachers’ Guides & Student Workbooks for grades 7 to 12; an Encouragement for Homeschool Moms series; young child devotional materials; and a very interesting book (free download) about some of the Crow Indians who were Christians in the late 1800s, working as scouts for Gen. Custer. They also publish devotional Bible study/journal books for long and short-term missionaries (on-field & reentry). To see their wide array of materials and resources, visit www.DeeperRoots@aol.com.