- Basic Skills offers homeschooling families Standardized Achievement Testing in group or private settings, taking the guesswork out of your testing needs. Why Do Achievement Testing? Test scores are useful for: Assessing academic strengths and weaknesses, Planning future lessons, Complying with state requirements, Recording student academic progress. How To Do Achievement Testing – Test your child at home, National Achievement Tests – California Achievement Test CAT/TerraNova 2 and 3 testing in: Math, Reading, Language Arts – Visit www.basicskills.net today! E-mail: email@example.com
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
- Signing Online – Learn a new language ASL (American Sign Language) first and then Exact English!, Become a registered Interpreter for the Deaf, Many universities recognize ASL as satisfying the foreign language requirement, Learn to sign in British, Korean, French & others, If you are searching for an interesting and challenging new endeavor, signing may be just right for you! Full curriculum online!
Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- Homespun Homeschool Network [HHN] Homespun helps homeschoolers in Mendocino and Lake Counties get together for support and fun. Monthly park day in Redwood Valley. Play days, field trips, classes, and other events organized by members. Free workshops for parents and others interested in homeschooling.
- Shepherd’s Gate Homeschool Support Group Supports Christian families who educate their children at home with resources, advice, monthly meetings, field trips, activities, graduation ceremonies, prayer and friendship. Ukiah serves as the hub for most of our meetings and activities. Contact information: Email Kim at email@example.com or call (707) 462-4501.
- Alder Grove Charter School (http://www.aldergrovecharter.org/)
- Alder Grove Charter School is an independent study charter school, K-12, in Northern California that provides a voluntary public educational choice for families of students who choose to educate their children in the home environment. We believe individual differences and the uniqueness of each child are to be supported and celebrated. Our mission is to serve students through personalized learning and supporting parental choice in education.
- e-Scholar Academy Charter School (http://www.escholaracademy.net/)
- We offer a full range of online academic courses, for students enrolled in grades seven through Adult. Students who live in Tehama and the five adjacent counties are eligible to enroll.
Our target is any student who can benefit most from a self-paced, individualized instruction that is delivered on site or in the home via technology. We believe that, given a comprehensive and mastery-based curriculum, high expectations, access to technology (computer and Internet), strong instructional support, guidance from experienced teachers, a strong commitment from parents (or other caring adults), and a well-conceived virtual education program can help boost student achievement, serve the unique needs of students and families, and offer a new model for effective public education in the 21st century.
- Mark West Charter School (http://mwcharter.org/)
- Our Mission is to help develop young adults who are confident, academically challenged and aware of their community. Students are supported through technology, hands on project learning and caring staff members.
- Orchard View School (http://www.orchardviewschool.org/)
- Orchard View School is a K-12 independent study charter school located 55 miles north of San Francisco, adjacent to the city of Sebastopol, California. The school was chartered by the Twin Hills School District in 2000.
Utilizing a non-traditional learning environment, Orchard View School treats each student as a person with unique needs, skills, goals, and interests. Supervising teachers design individualized lesson plans that offer flexibility in the implementation of the student’s educational goals and objectives. Students meet regularly with a credentialed supervising teacher who works with the parents and students to develop and monitor the academic program.
Orchard View offers a wide variety of on-campus K-8 enrichment classes such as art, writing, science lab, garden club, history, drama, and Spanish. High school on-campus classes include biology, chemistry, algebra, geometry, art, environmental, science, world cultures, English, and Spanish.
- Pivot Charter School, North Bay (http://www.advancedacademics.com/pivot-north-bay-charter-school/index.html)
- Our courses can be accessed 24 hours day and provide an innovative, high-quality education. We incorporate an online curriculum with California-credentialed online teachers and California-credentialed on-site teachers working side by side with students as they are engaged in their courses. This allows a student’s educational program to be individualized to their needs enabling them to successfully complete their requirements, graduate on time, and move into the next stages of either career or college life.
The curriculum is completely online, so students can receive individual support from online and on-site teachers, participate in classes, and work at a pace that is commensurate with their abilities.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.