- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- Christian Home Learners of Salinas [CHLS] – Contact information: Call Kathy at (831) 753-9479, or call Lynne at (831) 449-0553.
- Monterey Bay Unschooling Network – An all-inclusive network for Monterey Bay area unschoolers. Contact information: Email Annie Twist Lubke.
- Peninsula Christian Homeschool Group – Membership is free and open to all homeschoolers in Monterey and surrounding areas. We offer park days, field trips, parties, teen group activities and more. Contact information: Email Sandy Kathey.
- Rural Christian Home Educators – Christian homeschool families providing support, fellowship, and elective activities for homeschool families.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.