- Teach Your Kids Chemistry – No Kidding! – https://biochemistryliteracyforkids.com
Chemistry Lessons Now • Self-Teaching Video Lessons • Affordable, fun & engaging.
Developed by a Yale graduate chemistry professor, it is a unique visual and tactile learning environment. Perfect for homeschool use, detailed video lessons and activities allow students of any background to learn all on their own!
- The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- Write From the Heart Online English Composition and Literature – Middle school/high school students — Online English Composition classes with a workshop approach. Your child’s paper is reviewed:
- At the outline stage by a writing coach
- After each revision by two separate peers in the class.
- In an instructional “conference” with a writing coach.
- After the final draft by a writing coach using a grading rubric.
Thoughtful writing is an essential skill for all people. The workshop allows students to work together and learn from each other with guidance from the writing coach. Visit the website and give your child the opportunities Ms. Rice offers!
- FREE Parent Materials from Magic Penny Reading! Pre-K through Grade 2 – As you are starting to pick up home schooling with your children, we want to provide some free materials to help you along the way and show you that Magic Penny Reading is the ideal program for your family! We have free Apps for homeschooling parents at http://www.magicpennyreading.org/home-schooling Visit us and let us help you and your child to early literacy and learning fun! Thank you. Dr. Dan & Sandy Schneider.
- Mathnasium@Home Online – Now, we offer the Mathnasium Method™ online in real time. This is an excellent resource for giving your child the math instruction we are famous for, in the safety of your home! E-m: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us today at https://www.mathnasium.com/sealbeach and see the value for yourself.
- Robinson Self-Teaching Curriculum – Achieve Superb Educational Results with these 22 CDs, covering Phonics to Physics! Remove teaching guesswork – let Robinson’s Curriculum do it for you.
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: email@example.com for more information
Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- Christian Home Educators of the Blythe Area [CHEBA] – A Christian support group welcoming all independent homeschoolers who file a Private School Affidavit, and anyone considering homeschooling. Members meet for classes, parent workshops, field trips, park days and annual events. Contact information:Email Debbie Judd or call (760) 922-3232.
- Homeschooling In Central Orange County [HSCOC] – Inclusive homeschool park day with all age groups represented. Contact information: Email Cheryl Ahia.
- Homeschooling in Orange County – Offers information, resources and support for homeschoolers throughout Orange County.
- Idyllwild Home Learners – An inclusive homeschool support group in the Idyllwild area. We embrace families of all religions and learning theories. Contact information: Email Andrea or call (951) 659-6088.
- OC Homeschool Events – This group is for events and activities that may be of interest to homeschooling families in and around Orange County. Everyone is permitted to post their findings or start a group to attend an event. There are so many great things to do here and this is a great group to get together enough people for a group discount.
- Riverside Area Home Learners [RAHL] – We offer friendly, homeschooling support to all families interested in home learning regardless of their religious views, political persuasion or educational philosophy. We believe that our group is enriched by the diversity of its members. RAHL offers weekly park days, theme days, discussion topics and field trips. Contact information: Email Riverside Area Home Learners.
- South County Kids – South Orange County, CA. An inclusive homeschool support group. We embrace diversity within our membership including cultural, religious, ethnic and homeschooling technique. South County Kids meets weekly at public parks, museums and community centers. Contact information: Email Clare Collins.
- West Orange County Homeschool Group [WESTOC-HS] – An inclusive, member-directed group. Families are diverse in their methods and styles of home education. Weekly park days and field trips.
Basic Skills offers homeschooling families Standardized Achievement Testing in group or private settings, taking the guesswork out of your testing needs. Why Do Achievement Testing? Test scores are useful for: Assessing academic strengths and weaknesses, Planning future lessons, Complying with state requirements, Recording student academic progress. How To Do Achievement Testing – Test your child at home, National Achievement Tests – California Achievement Test CAT/TerraNova 2 and 3 testing in: Math, Reading, Language Arts – Visit www.basicskills.net today! E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.
Excellence In Education (EIE) based in Monrovia, serves all of California as the largest homeschool book/game store & resource center in the state, offering an extensive array of products, services and guidance based on many years of experience. www.excellenceineducation.com/ Ph: (626) 821-0025
The Creation & Earth History Museum is dedicated to the biblical account of science & history, showcasing a literal 6-day creation and young earth. Our unique museum is one of 15 creation museums in the U.S. and the largest on the West Coast, including a 10,000 sq. foot facility with over 15 exhibits that declare the works of our Creator. Located 20 minutes east of downtown San Diego in Santee, CA, we are open 7 days a week and private guided tours are available. Plan a future visit by calling today 619.599.1104 • 10946 Woodside Ave. N, Santee, CA 92071 www.CreationSD.org