- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
FREE Parent Materials from Magic Penny Reading! Pre-K through Grade 2 – As you are starting to pick up home schooling with your children, we want to provide some free materials to help you along the way and show you that Magic Penny Reading is the ideal program for your family! We have free Apps for homeschooling parents at http://www.magicpennyreading.org/home-schooling Visit us and let us help you and your child to early literacy and learning fun! Thank you. Dr. Dan & Sandy Schneider.
- Robinson Self-Teaching Curriculum – Achieve Superb Educational Results with these 22 CDs, covering Phonics to Physics! Remove teaching guesswork – let Robinson’s Curriculum do it for you.
Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: email@example.com for more information
- All Ways Learning – A non-sectarian, inclusive support group for Silicon Valley homeschoolers. Park Days are at a different park each month, call for dates/times. Contact information: Email Denise Osterback or call (408) 268-6858, or Email Tammy Kohn or call (408) 227-9715.
- Bay Area Homeschool Field Trips [BAHFT] – An e-mail group for homeschoolers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Get information on field trips, classes, and events of interest to homeschoolers. Any member may organize trips, and post events sponsored by other groups.
- Bay Area Multi-Cultural Homeschool Educators [BAM-HE] – This group exists to provide support and resources to families of color who homeschool in the Bay Area. Provides multicultural-rich information, resources, curricula, field trips, learning opportunities, park/play days in both the East Bay and South Bay and other things of interest. BAM-HE through the website.
- Bay Area Schools In Christ [BASIC] – This Christian homeschoolers support group serves families in the vicinity of the mid-Peninsula/South Bay area. Contact information: Email Aimee McNally.
- Families for Him – Serving Fremont, Milpitas and surrounding areas. We are open to any members! Most of us are Christian, but not all. We welcome anyone and everyone! We have great Mom’s night outs, fun, monthly park days, field trips and lots of encouragement and support. We also have a monthly Girls Club! Free to join!
- Heart and Soul Homeschoolers [H.A.S.H.] – A homeschool support group which meets in the Milpitas and surrounding areas every Thursday from 11 a.m. till the last family leaves. It is open to all homeschoolers, new and seasoned, and those seriously considering homeschooling. H.A.S.H. welcomes families of all faiths, backgrounds and homeschooling styles. Bring a lawn chair, lunch and sunscreen and join us each Thursday while the kids play and parents visit. Serving the Milpitas, Berryessa, N. San Jose and Fremont areas. Contact information: Email Lisa O’Brien or call (408) 621-4352.
- Mid-Peninsula Homeschoolers – Serving San Mateo and Santa Clara counties, meeting for fun, friendship, support, networking, and information gathering every Wednesday at Mitchell Park in Palo Alto. Contact information: Email Rita or call (650) 365-2070.
- Milpitas Homeschool Support – Inclusive group for homeschool families living in Milpitas, Berryessa district of San Jose, or Warm Springs area of Fremont. Park days Wednesdays at Cataldi Park in San Jose, late mornings during daylight savings, afternoons in standard time. Contact information: Email for Information, or Email to Join Group.
- Regina Pacis Catholic Homeschooling Support Group – Our group meets on Wednesdays and the first Friday of each month. We have a teen group, Boys and Girls Clubs and a sports programs. Contact information: Email Laurel Moran or call (650) 969-6656.
- South Bay FREE Scholars – Non-structured, non-sectarian group in the South Bay Area. Contact information: Call Janine Cate at (408) 243-7121.
Mill Valley Chickens – Full Service Poultry Sales in the Bay Area
415- 389 – 8216
Offering a full range of services for urban and suburban back yard farmers, Mill Valley Chickens based in Marin County is a valuable gem. Mill Valley Chickens hand raises their heritage chickens; custom designs and builds backyard chicken coops and runs; offers entry level classes on raising backyard chickens; and also has a complete line of chicken feed, supplies and products, such as heaters, feeders, water dishes and more, that are specifically designed for backyard chicken enthusiasts.
Mill Valley Chickens is also available for private on site consultations, coop cleanings and offers home visits and deliveries to their service area – Marin, San Francisco, East Bay, Sonoma, the Peninsula and Santa Clara counties.
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.
– The Reading Clinic offers customized 1-to-1 instruction using research based multi-sensory programs to strengthen reading, language comprehension, writing and math. We also offer educational assessments to pin point strengths and weaknesses in these areas. We have locations in San Mateo, Palo Alto and Saratoga. Contact information: Email Heather Gipson or call (650) 325-0245.