- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
- Modesto Homeschool – A Christian email loop for Modesto area homeschoolers. This group was designed to inform and support Christian homeschoolers in Stanislaus and surrounding counties. There are lots of subgroups that are in this group, and each are run by a local/neighborhood parent.
- Oakdale Christian Homeschool Support Group – Christian perspective, open to all. Field trips, activities, park days, newsletter, e-mail loop, support & encouragement. $25/year/family. Contact information: Email JulieBeth Lamb or call (209) 838-6062.
- Shooting Stars 4-H Club – Daytime co-op 4-H Club that meets in Modesto. All parents help lead a full day of 4-H projects for members ages 3 to 19. Sign-Ups in July/August. Meets on selected Fridays between Aug and May. Members serve as club officers. 4-H strives to help youth grow in the areas of life skills, citizenship/community service, and leadership. Contact information: Email Cheryl Westberg.
- Valley Home Educators – A non-profit Christian organization serving home educators in the central valley of California. Modesto area. Contact information:Email for Information or call (209) 303-3986.
- Circle of Independent Learning Charter School –http://coil.schoolwires.net/site/default.aspx?PageID=1 Our vision requires that we regard parents as teachers and create individualized learning plans and teams to meet the personal needs of each student. Becky Cimino email@example.com 510-797-0100 ext. 29301
- Connecting Waters Charter School http://www.connectingwaters.org/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Stanislaus, San Joaquin, Alameda, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, Santa Clara, and Tuolumne The mission of CWCS is to: Empower a community of parents, students, and teachers to create learning opportunities which will develop accountable, responsible, and contributing members of society who are independent, life-long learners. Phone: Sherri Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org 209-874-1119 ext. 6
- Delta Charter Elementary School http://www.deltacharter.net/ Grades: K-8 Counties Served: Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, Contra Costa, Sacramento, San Joaquin, and Stanislaus Delta Charter School, a fully accredited public charter school serving San Joaquin and adjoining counties, is an innovative, personalized learning school committed to providing a quality, diverse education in a safe and supportive environment in order to empower students to be independent learners and productive citizens in preparation for college, career, and community life. Phone: Jolene Hughes email@example.com 209-830-6363 Phone | 209-830-9707 Fax
- Denair Charter Academy http://www.dusd.k12.ca.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=57 Grades: Home Schooling (Grades K-8), Independent Study (Grade 7-12), Distance Learning (Grades 9-12) Counties Served: Alameda, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, Stanislaus and Tuolumne The Denair Charter Academy is based on the belief that each student can succeed and deserves an education that is rigorous and well defined. Phone: Office (209) 634-0917 Fax (209) 669-9282 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gold Rush Charter School http://www.goldrushcs.org/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Calaveras, Mariposa, Mono, Stanislaus and Tuolumne The mission of Gold Rush Charter School is to provide a safe, nurturing environment of a free, public, student-centered education where K-12 students feel emotionally and academically connected in a standards-based education in home school, independent study, or optional class settings in Tuolumne and adjacent counties. Phone: 209-533-8644 email through website
- Hickman Charter School http://hcs.hickmanschools.org/ Grades: K-8 Counties Served: Alameda, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, Stanislaus, Tuolumne Hickman Charter School is a “university model”, which blends the best of study at home with on-site classes and online programs. Phone: 209-874-9070 email through website
- Horizon Charter School http://www.horizoncharterschools.org/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, and Yuba Admissions (Enrollment Information ONLY) email@example.com 916.408.5210 toll free 800.338.8003 x 5210
- Horizon Charter School (HCS), a public charter school authorized by the California State Board of Education, is a personalized learning independent study program serving students from kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Keyes to Learning Charter School http://ktlcharterschool.com/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Alameda, Calaveras, Merced, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, Stanislaus and Tuolomne Keyes To Learning Charter School, working in partnership with families and the community, will provide each student in kindergarten through twelfth grade with the materials, expertise and opportunities needed to be a productive citizen and lifelong learner. Phone: 209-634-6467 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merced Scholars Charter School https://mcoe.org/deptprog/career/MCScholars/Pages/default.aspx Grades: 6-12 Counties Served: Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Benito, Santa Clara, Stanislaus and Tuolumne Our mission is to provide a collaborative culture for parents, staff and community partners while supporting career and college preparatory information and guidance for a seamless transition into higher education. Phone: 209-385-5361 Cindy Dispo email@example.com
- Mountain Oaks School http://www.mountainoaks.org/site/pages/home.cgiGrades: K-12 Counties Served: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tuolumne Mountain Oaks offers the best of independent study at home, with on-site classes and online educational opportunities. Phone: 1-888-686-6257 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitmore Charter Schools of Fine Arts and Technology http://wcs.ceres.k12.ca.us/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Calaveras, Merced, San Joaquin, Santa Clara, Stanislaus, Tuolumne Whitmore Charter School of Art and Technology is a site based Kindergarten through Eighth grade school with two classes at each grade. Phone: 209-556-1610
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources for homeschoolers available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.