- Peterson Directed Handwriting for Homeschoolers – The Peterson approach is rhythmic and smooth, providing less strain on hands and developing a lifelong skill in cursive handwriting. It joins vocal activity with handwriting, quickly eliminating the need for the student to see a letter visually, to know how to make it. Peterson is not a trace and copy method, but an actual, fully-engaging handwriting method. The website also offers 10 video lessons to give parents a firm insight into the value of the Peterson method to their child. Visit today and see just how valuable Peterson Directed Handwriting is!
- The Hilbert Museum of California Art – 714 516 5880 • 167 N Atchison St, Orange, CA 92866
Free admission and Free parking. Temporary limited hours are Tues-Fri 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. (closed Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays.) Masks required inside. High-quality art of California history, Nostalgic visions of bygone eras, Bring visual knowledge to your family – FREE, See website for current exhibitions, A variety of artists are represented.
- Are you new to Homeschooling? Solimar Academy Is for You – Solimar Academy, a Premier Independent Study Program for Career and Life Success, is here for you! Solimar provides: Personal Blueprint for your child’s individual Learning Style! • Completely customized curriculum plan! • Personal Coaching • Special Education guidance offered
Solimar students are happy, productive and self-driven, because Solimar guides each family to a plan that makes that happen! Visit http://solimaracademy.com today and let 30-year experienced Director Dawn guide your homeschooling experience!
- Branson Academy – We are a private homeschool satellite program that serves all counties in California. High school, special needs, or brand new to homeschooling? We’ve got you covered. Enjoy experienced support through our K-12 program. We take care of school transfers, maintain your child’s academic reports and transcripts, and help you homeschool successfully. Easy, affordable, flexible. Call Cynthia Simunovich at 831.726.3235 for personal guidance in exploring your home-based educational options.
- EIE Academy – for Unique Classes & the Standard Curriculum – Online for the Fall Semester of 2020-21 at Least
The EIE Academy, a PSP (Private School Satellite Program) aka Umbrella Academy, offers K-12 classes in a variety of subjects both Online and In-person to serve all families in California. Class Schedule see https://excellenceineducationhomeschooling.com/2020-21-class-schedule/ – (626) 821-0025
- American Academy — Homeschooling, Pre-K-High School – American Academy offers Pre-K-12 Christian-based curriculum online or correspondence style, with books and materials sent back and forth in the U.S. Mail. The academic programs are self-regulated and flexible, so the parent simply has to supervise completing assignments on time and properly. Call: 866-605-7772 or Email: email@example.com for more information
- Sing Your Way Through Science with Lyrical Learning! – Lyrical Learning is a fun, powerful way to learn basic science facts. Your child will learn science facts and concepts by singing familiar melodies. The creator took familiar songs like “Oh, Susanna” and wrote new lyrics of science facts, terms or concepts to the melodies. You remember what you sing! See the website today to order or call (800) 761-0906.
- Alder Grove Charter School – http://www.aldergrovecharter.org/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino, Siskiyou, Trinity. Alder Grove Charter School is an independent study charter school, K-12, in Northern California that provides a voluntary public educational choice for families of students who choose to educate their children in the home environment. Phone: 707-268-0854
- Chrysalis Charter School -http://www.chrysalischarterschool.com/Chrysalis/InfoQuestingFamilies/Home_school_program.htm Grades: K-8 Counties Served: Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. The Chrysalis home school program has provided a framework of flexible accountability as well as a helpful mentoring relationship for parents serving their children as teachers. Call Karen Shuster, Home School Facilitator, at 474-4618 with questions, or call the school office at 547-9726 to enroll
- Coastal Grove Charter School (Waldorf Inspired) http://www.coastalgrove.org/ Grades: K-8 Counties Served: Humboldt and Trinity. Coastal Grove Charter School offers a Homeschool Program that is available for both families using curriculum inspired by Waldorf methods as well as families using other curriculums. Phone: 707-825-8804 firstname.lastname@example.org
- eScholar Academy Charter School http://www.escholaracademy.net/ Grades: 3-12 Counties Served: Butte, Glenn, Mendocino, Plumas, Shasta, Tehama and Trinity. We offer a full range of online academic courses, for students enrolled in grades seven through Adult. Phone: 530-527-0188 email@example.com
- Golden Eagle Charter School – http://www.gecs.org/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou and Trinity. GECS in an independent study charter school that provides a voluntary public educational choice for families who choose to educate their children through personalized learning. Phone: 530-926-5800 Weed Learning Center: 530-938-0558 Yreka Learning Center: 530-842-7257
- Shasta Secondary Home School (SSHS) – http://www.charterhomeschool.net/ Grades: 6-12 Counties Served: Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. Combining classroom and non-classroom personalized learning models, the question is, how do you want to do school? Phone: 530-245-2600 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stellar Charter School – http://stellar.reddingschools.net/ Grades: K-12 Counties Served: Lassen, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity. Another option for students is full-time home study, with the same support and supervision from the teacher. Phone: 530-245-7730
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom – Free K-12 Teaching Resources
California Foundation for Agriculture in the Classroom provides free K-12 teaching resources for homeschoolers available for free downloading at LearnAboutAg.org (lesson plans, fact sheets, student newspapers and more). California educators can request print copies, shipped at no expense.
The Plant Science lesson plans (http://learnaboutag.org/resources/learn_plant.cfm) help students discover what plants need to grow through hands-on lessons and activities: Fun with the Plant Nutrient Team (K-3), What Do Plants Need to Grow? (2-4), Too Much? Too Little? (5-8), and Chemistry, Fertilizer, and the Environment (8-12). All resources are aligned to current California Standards. The organization also provides an annual teacher conference (July 14-15, 2017) and the Imagine this… Story Writing Contest for grades 3-8 (November 1 annual deadline). Learn more and request free resources at LearnAboutAg.org.